Postpartum Warning Signs
If at any time you have any of the following signs, please call ASAP
- Uterine tenderness that is different from after cramping
- Flu-like symptoms (fever, chills, achiness)
- If you soak more than one pad in a half hour or bleeding that persists in a large amount beyond the first week.
- Pain, swelling, or redness in your calf
- Feeling extremely anxious, panicky, or depressed
- Breastfeeding difficulties
- Concerns about jaundice, especially if you have a hard time waking your baby to nurse or they are not pooping
- Baby does not urinate within the first 24 hours, or does not have at least 4-6 wet/poopy diapers a day after day number 4.
- Any signs of infection around the umbilical cord
- Any fever for you or your baby above 100.4
- Baby’s respirations seem labored or unusually fast (over 60 breaths a minute)